Conveyor and Sortation Systems Speed Order Fulfillment
- Warehouse conveyor systems are often implemented alongside other logistics management tools to improve overall warehouse efficiency.
- Your custom conveyor system will be designed to fit your needs and we develop a full systems integration plan
Types of Conveyor Systems
- As the simplest kind of conveyor, gravity conveyors feature an incline and use the force of gravity, or of a person, to push the load along the convey surface.
- The main types of gravity conveyors include: chute conveyor, gravity roller conveyor, expandable conveyor and gravity wheel conveyor
- Driven by either an electric or pneumatic power system, a powered conveyors’ movement is driven by motors and drives.
- There are several types, including: motor driven live roller (MDR), accumulation conveyor, belt conveyor, chain conveyor, live roller conveyor, platform conveyor and slate conveyor.
- Specialized conveyors are utilized in a variety of applications – typically manufacturing and materials processing (as opposed to warehousing and distribution).
- These are typically vertical reciprocating conveyor (VRC) and tow conveyor.