Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems
Many warehouses, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities struggle with managing large volumes of inventory and fulfilling customer orders accurately and on time. This can be especially challenging when there is a high volume of small, medium, and large-sized items to be stored and retrieved quickly and efficiently. Implementing an AS/RS system provides a more efficient, cost-effective, and reliable solution for managing inventory and fulfilling customer orders.
Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems
Manual handling of goods can be time-consuming, labor-intensive, and error-prone, leading to inefficiencies and delays in the supply chain. This can result in lost revenue, decreased customer satisfaction, and increased costs. Implementing an AS/RS system provides many benefits.
- Increased Efficiency: AS/RS enables faster and more accurate storage and retrieval of goods, reducing the time and labor required for these tasks.
- Improved Space Utilization: AS/RS systems can store goods more densely than manual storage systems, maximizing the use of available floor space.
- Enhanced Safety: AS/RS minimizes the risk of workplace accidents by reducing the need for manual material handling and increasing overall safety.
- Increased Productivity: By automating storage and retrieval processes, AS/RS systems allow warehouse staff to focus on more valuable tasks, leading to increased productivity.
Types of Automated Storage and Retrieval Systems
- Ultra-high density goods-to-person piece picking system which utilizes robots to store and retrieve bins from a cubical storage grid.
- Cube-based ASRS systems are commonly used in high-density storage applications, such as manufacturing and distribution centers, where space is at a premium and materials need to be stored and retrieved quickly and efficiently.
- Designed to handle large, heavy loads, such as pallets, crates or large containers.
- Unit-load ASRS systems are often used in high-volume distribution centers or manufacturing facilities where large quantities of goods need to be stored and retrieved quickly and efficiently.
- Designed to handle smaller loads, typically in boxes, totes or trays.
- Mini-load ASRS systems are often used in e-commerce or order fulfillment operations where a high degree of accuracy and speed is required.
- Used for high-density storage of palletized goods.
- Designed to move horizontally and vertically within the racking system, allowing it to access and retrieve pallets from any position within the storage lanes.
- This provides a high level of flexibility and enables efficient use of available storage space.