Rx.com is an automated pharmacy fulfillment facility in Fort Worth, Texas, consisting of 35,100 total sq. ft., including a production and warehouse area of 29,000 sq. ft.
As a new company, Rx.com averaged 4,000 scripts fulfilled across a one-shift operation with a peak volume of 8,300+ scripts. Due to immense growth in eCommerce order volume, the company needed to expand its fulfillment capabilities and add automation.
KPI automated a prescription fulfillment processing line containing a Command Center, including two workstations, multiple servers, and a dispenser controller. The facility also boasts:
- 180 fully automated dispensing Baker Cell locations
- 600 semi-automated dispensing Baler cassette locations, including six dispensing workstations.
- Seven pharmacist verification stations, two vial cappers with heat sealers, 16 packing stations, and two shipping/manifesting stations.
The stations break down into 11 multi-lane stations, four single Rx lane stations, and one bulk lane with a refrigerated cooler. Each packing station has a scale and Zebra printer to label outbound shipments.
- Increased order fulfillment volume to 15,000 prescriptions per 8-hour shift
- Increased efficiency
- Increased accuracy
- Fully automated prescription fulfillment processing line