Powered by your data with a focus on meeting business goals, KPI creates facility designs that balance cost and service with an agnostic approach towards suppliers and automation technology. Our in-house simulation and modeling capabilities can validate designs, replicate dynamic business conditions, assess optimal staffing levels, and identify bottlenecks prior to implementation.
KPI’s design considerations for greenfield sites and retrofits are numerous and not limited to:
- Facility size/physical attributes
- Site/process/material flow patterns
- Order fulfillment design
- Slotting strategies
- Layout and storage planning
- Materials handling equipment specifications & RFP
- Storage equipment definition
- Docks and loading positions
- Productivity and labor calculations
Enhance your Facility’s Capabilities with an Effective Design
Solutions are designed using empirical analysis, operating expertise, and a proven methodology. KPI evaluates fixed and variable costs over a design horizon resulting in a cumulative investment and OPEX forecast. Aligned with your budget, this provides predictable cash flow planning and a roadmap to increase capabilities as growth and/or business complexities are realized.
Your new facility or retrofit design will be:
- Created by distribution professionals with real-world operations experience
- Agile to scale as business requirements change
- Designed with an independent approach to suppliers and technology
- Aligned with your company’s business goals
KPI’s Agnostic Approach to Technology Evaluation
To mitigate labor challenges and meet demanding customer service requirements, it is imperative for companies to evaluate all feasible automation technology solutions. KPI brings a technology-agnostic approach to equally compare automation options based on quantitative and qualitative attributes to ensure the technology will meet your current and future business goals. Visit our Systems Integration page to learn more about KPI’s materials handling evaluation and selection service.